We have collected 10 big facts to illustrate the importance of mobile marketing. Whether your business is looking to target customers through SMS messaging or mobile internet based banner advertising, mobile marketing is growing and becoming more effective.
1. There are approximately 7 billion people in the world. Half of these have smart phones where they can (and will) receive SMS marketing, as well as have access the mobile web. (Eric Schmidt MWC Feb. 2012).
2. 51% of the UK population have a smart phone (Our Mobile Planet).
3. 29% of mobile users are open to scanning a mobile tag to get coupons (HubSpot). That’s nearly a third of all mobile users that are able to use QR codes.
4. Audiences are becoming more interactive and less passive, as over 300,000 apps have been developed in the last 3 years (Digital Buzz Blog).
5. Amazingly, there are more devices on the planet that connect to the internet, than there are people living on it! (AllTwitter) – So like many other consumers and professionals who have laptops, they probably have a tablet and 2 mobiles. There are more ways to connect to an audience, so make sure that your marketing plan accesses each device.
6. More and more of your internet time is being spent on a mobile device. It has been found that the average tablet user spends 13.9 hours per week with the device (HubSpot).
7. Research has been carried out and it seems that mobile devices may be the device of choice. Morgan Stanley’s report suggests there will be a rapid evolution of internet access, with more mobile purchases rather than PC purchases.
8. Google are investing in mobile search, with new developments in technology. Google translate, Cross platform tracking, Google Shopper and Google Now are all new products aimed to improve the mobile experience. Learn more about Google’s Mobile Search.
9. 78% of the UK population do not leave their house without their mobile phone, making mobile marketing a reliable method of penetration for customers on the go. (Our Mobile Planet)
10. SMS produces engagement rates 6 to 8 times higher than email (Cellit). Not only is it an effective marketing strategy, but it also environmentally friendly and cost effective. For more information on how SMS marketing is environmentally friendly and its benefits within mobile marketing, please read our blog.
Alternatively feel free to contact TextAnywhere on 0845 122 1302 or email email@example.com.