The festive season is the most financially lucrative period for many businesses from the small family-run shops to the large multi-national companies. The run up to Christmas is the ideal time to promote your company products and services to ensure that you are making the most of a time when many people are willing to spend more.
A great way to promote your business is by using SMS marketing, and Christmas is the perfect time to target your customers to let them know what you have to offer. Here are some of the ways companies from different industries can use SMS marketing leading up to Christmas to boost visibility:
• Retail stores can offer SMS based discounts to customers on their mailing list on a wide variety of items from money off Christmas gifts to codes that grant free delivery when customers buy larger items. Depending on the retail company, customers could even be offered a free gift hamper SMS coupon to be redeemed at the till if they go shopping in that store, and spend over a certain amount, before the 25th December.
• Entertainment companies can make the most of customers who wish to give their loved ones an experience gift for Christmas. Therefore sending out text messages containing information on theatre productions or movies being shown over the Christmas break is a great way to boost ticket sales. They can promote this further by sending SMS messages containing coupons that give money off certain shows within a specific time frame.
• Restaurants are always incredibly popular for families wishing to get together over Christmas without the stress of cooking. Make the most of this by sending out text messages in advance containing information on how to book or even offering discounts on courses or a free bottle of wine for when customers book a table before a certain date. Another approach may be to get feedback from customers. This is often overlooked but is very valuable information. By sending an SMS to customers following their meal, and incentivising them to book again with a discount if they text back 5 words that describe their experience could work well to improve the customer experience and influence more returning customers.
• Travel operators can draw in customers who are thinking of spending Christmas abroad by offering discounted flights via SMS for passengers who book their Christmas holidays before a certain date. They could also use text messages to inform customers of cheap Winter breaks that are currently on offer, encouraging them to book early to avoid disappointment. The peak in searches for summer holidays often starts in January and by engaging with potential customers in the run up to Christmas as well as a January follow up SMS this could position your brand at the forefront of the customers mind when they look to purchase.
• Schools or education bodies could possibly use SMS messaging to inform parents, employees and students of important Christmas holiday dates. Christmas events or fairs could be promoted to the parents via mobile, influencing volunteers, donations for fund raising or ticket sales for the Christmas shows or events.
• Businesses working in the leisure industry should try to target customers with ideas for experiences and activity days that can be redeemed during or after the Christmas break. From golfing sessions to spa beauty treatments and match day tickets, there is an abundance of different leisure activities that can provide amazing discounts sent via text message. SMS messages are also great for simply raising awareness and giving customer’s ideas for Christmas gifts without having to offer any discounts for example promotion of a local gym to entice previous customers back to burn off that Christmas turkey.
If you would like more help with your Christmas SMS campaigns, please call our Customer Care team on 08451 221 302.