With the emergence of social media and other similar interactive platforms in recent years, more and more businesses are beginning to see the benefits of revealing their lighter side to customers as opposed to always remaining completely professional.
Here are some of the ways that SMS marketing can help you to engage on a more personal level with your customers:
- Because SMS messages are delivered straight to your customer’s mobile handset, they are a more direct method of contact than other forms of marketing. Most people are far more likely to open a message in SMS form rather than the same message in email due to email being strongly associated with spam messages. Therefore, by simply sending your messages via SMS you will instantly give them a more special and personal feel.
- SMS messages give you the ability to address each customer by their first name. Adding your customers name into the content of the text message helps them to feel that the message is aimed at them. It also suggests to your customers that you have taken the time to include them and stops the messages you send from looking like a simple mass generated service.
- Another personalised service you can provide is by taking the time to send your customers a happy birthday message on their special day. This will add value to your message and show that you really care about your customers as individuals. Because birthdays are unique to a person it also allows your recipients to stand out from the crowd.
- By keeping a database of customer information and carefully measuring their interaction with your messages, you can soon build up profiles to categorise your customers by. This can help you to tailor your messages to certain customers on your database, the content of which will be more relevant to their needs and interests. Sending out coupons or discounts that apply to your customer’s tastes e.g. sending golfers a discount offer for an hour session at the club, will also help build up customer loyalty.
- A final great way to add a personal touch to your messages is by sending your customers reminders for services they are subscribed to. There are various ways this could work such as reminding them to pick up a prescription or to attend a medical appointment. This could also work for restaurant booking reminders e.g. “Hello Mr Harris. Your table for two is booked for tomorrow at 7pm. We look forward to seeing you.”, and event reminders e.g. “Hi Jane, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to our stand tomorrow”.
For more help with your SMS marketing campaigns please call our Customer Service team anytime on 08451 221 302.