Here are ten interesting facts about the mobile industry to read before implementing your mobile marketing campaign:
- Over 4 billion mobile phones are in use worldwide. Of this statistic, a massive 3.05 billion are SMS enabled (compiled by Microsoft Tag and available on www.smartinsights.com).
- It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. However, it only takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message (compiled by CTIA.org and available on www.viralblog.com).
- 91% of adults have their mobile phone within arm’s reach of their person most of the time (compiled by Morgan Stanley and available on www.slideshare.net).
- There are five times as many mobile phones in the world as there are PCs (compiled by Impiger mobile and available on www.slideshare.net).
- In 2011, 669.5 million people used mobile email. This figure is expected to increase to 2.4 billion by 2016 (compiled by Portio Research and available on www.mobithinking.com).
- There has been a reported 89% increase in mobile date usage between 2010 and 2011 and this huge figure is likely to increase further (compiled by Nielsen and available on www.slideshare.net).
- Brands that use SMS marketing to target customers are able to reach 95% of all smartphone and non-smartphone users (compiled by gomonews.com and available on www.slideshare.net).
- Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than normal print coupons (compiled by GoMobileBook.com and available on www.slideshare.net).
- Over 5.9 trillion SMS messages were sent in 2011 and SMS traffic is expected to reach 9.4 trillion messages by 2016 (compiled by Informa and available on www.mobithinking.com).
- 5.3 billion US dollars were spent on all forms of mobile advertising in 2011 including $536 million on messaging alone (compiled by IAB and IHS Screen Digest and available on www.mobithinking.com).
As can be seen from these facts, mobile usage is still a hugely dominant player in the market and is likely to remain so for a long while yet. Mobile marketing is also able to offer plenty of opportunities for companies both now and in the future.
For more information on how TextAnywhere can help with your next mobile marketing campaign, please call our Customer Service team on 08451 221 302.