Are there any limitations on which Keyword I can use with a Short Code?
Typically the only limitations on which Keyword you can use with a Short Code is reliant on which words are available. It may be that your preferred word is already being rented by another party, and in this case you would need to decide upon a different word, or distinguish yours in a different way.
Consideration for the word or words you choose should also be taken into account, for example profanities, vulgarities or slang would not be recommended or allowed!
We recommend that you choose a word that meets the following criteria:
- Keep it as short as possible, generally between 3 and 8 characters.
- A word that comes up on handsets’ predictive text systems.
- A well-known word that can easily be spelt.
- No text-speak words that are missing characters.
- Don’t mix numbers and symbols with your letters.
For more information about TextPremium (SMS Short Codes) and how to choose Keywords and Short Codes please contact our Customer Service team on 08451 221 302.
Start your free trial today
Try our platform; you’re only a few clicks away
- 20 free credits
- Full platform access
- No commitment or credit card required